Wednesday, September 27, 2017

He runs to us ........


When he was still a long way off, his father 
saw him. His heart pounding, he ran out, 
embraced him, and kissed him.  
Luke 15:20  (The Message)


Yes I have read this story, The Prodigal Son in Scripture many times.  I had heard it since I was a child.  But it was like so many other things I heard ....I heard it, but I didn't own it, personally it didn't mean anything to me.  

One morning during a singing worship time when I was doing my masters, this particular part of the story went deep into my very being.  Do you know what I mean when I say that?  Something inside of me received these words in a way I never had before.  I could always see me running after Him.  I guess I was always running toward Him, but it was more from trying to be what I thought He wanted me to be.  

But for some reason that morning as I was singing and focusing on Jesus, I saw God, Father run toward me .....actually run to me.  I couldn't believe it, the God of the universe would run toward me .....why!?  Just like this son, who didn't think he was good enough to be the son any longer, he would be the servant ....I too didn't feel good enough - for different reasons, but the thoughts were similar.  

Seeing this picture, focusing on this scripture, reading it over and over - something changed in me.  Hard to explain, but I had a different way of thinking.  I didn't have to keeping running, striving, trying to measure up, or do the right thing .....the Father ran to me, He came to me - He hugged me, laughed with me, cared about me!  I saw relationship with Him differently, my heart was no longer filled with fear, shame or guilt when I thought about Him.  Oh I had learned and come a long way on my journey with God, I didn't know shame, guilt and fear was still there - but it was and I was still reacting to it.  

As I continued focusing and seeing that picture I saw in worship that morning, I continued to be transformed, I understood a word I had used all my life in a different way - that word - love.  My motivation for spending time with God, for wanting to read Scripture, loving other people was no longer about if I didn't somehow I wouldn't be a good Christian; but it was a motivation of love for God.

You know meeting with God, whether it be in a singing worship time, listening to a teaching/sermon, laughing with friends, taking a long walk... and asking Him to empower you to be aware of His presence, to hear His voice and to show you truth, really works.  He promises to show you Himself if we want to know.  I want to encourage you today to ask Him.  I only do that because I know it works, I know He wants to see you and He wants to show you who you are and who He is ..........

We’re going to have a wonderful time! My son is here—given up for 
dead and now alive! Given up for lost and now found!’ And they 
began to have a wonderful time.  
Luke 15:24  (The Message) 



If you would like, you can purchase my book from Amazon in the US or Amazon in the UK.  The links are at the side of the blog, will take you right to the place to order!

Thank you, my prayer is that everyone who reads the book will encounter God, grow in Him and be everything He created them to be.







No comments:

Post a Comment