Wednesday, September 3, 2014

He Entered into Our World

My daughter started secondary school today.  Her dad and I were taking a picture of
GG in her school uniform!
Georgina in her new uniform.  She was standing so tall and looked so pretty.  After the picture, she reminded her daddy of when she was 4 years old (she had just come to live with us, we adopted her in Costa Rica .....she was so small!) and helping him with some baking.  Howard had to leave the room for a few minutes and told Georgina not to touch the mixture.  He had not been gone long when he heard a loud noise!  When he returned to the kitchen there stood GG (this is her nickname!) with batter from her head to her feet.  she had the spoon in her hand and said, "I didn't touch it."


Howard also reminded her of what he overheard her say one day after he had broken his ankle ......"JohnLuke, we can do whatever we want to, dad can't chase us!"  She had lived in an orphanage 4 years, this is what she did when she thought she was in trouble.

She is almost 12 now and such a delight for us.  We are so thankful God brought her to us!


JohnLuke looking very handsome!
My son, JohnLuke, starts year 11 here in England .....this is grade 10 in the States.  Year 11 is the year of tests .....JohnLuke takes 23 GCSE's and these determine how he will move forward in what they call college (grades 11 & 12 in the States).  He is a bit apprehensive about it, the school tends to pressure them a great deal. 

Now that JL and GG are older it is a bit harder to grasp what is really going on inside them.  I wish I could get them to sit down with me, have a coffee and talk .....but NOT .....especially my son.  GG will occasionally go out with me, have a hot chocolate, while I have coffee and we will visit.

But I have come to realise to really hear their heart, to know what is bothering them, what they think about things, how they feel, what is hurting them and/or what makes them happy ....I need to enter into their world!  

My son enjoys long boarding, karate, football and playing an occasional video game.  Yes I have tried long boarding .....scary .......can't do karate, but I do watch football with him (I hate football (soccer!).  When I sit with him, I hear all about football, but then I hear other things .....I hear his heart.  Same with my little girl .....she loves horseback riding and crafts (I hate crafts too!), but when I make things with her, I hear about her day, what she thinks, feels, how she might have been rejected by a friend and just her wild imagination!

God entered into our world when we didn't even know we needed Him; when we didn't even know we were not living the way He created us to live.  Jesus showed us God, He broke through all the distortions we had; and He show us how to live .....dependent on the Father, working with the Father and trusting the Father.  Through the power and ministry of the One He sent ......Holy Spirit we can live that way today.  And we can enter into people's lives to hear them, to create space for God to work .....so He can heal, restore, redeem, change and transform.  

Whose life do you need to enter today?  Who do you need to let enter your life?

My son and daughter!  Love them so much!


      

No comments:

Post a Comment