Saturday, November 1, 2014

Switzerland



I will miss coming to Switzerland, it is a beautiful country.  I have learned so much here with the master intensives.  As I walk through the hills I have come to see that God always wanted to be with us.  He created us to be with us.  If you look throughout the Old Testament God wanted to be with His creation; even after the fall, God went to look for Adam and Eve.  He could have just done away with humanity at that point.  If He was such an angry God, why didn't He do that?  Yes I think He was upset, sad and maybe even angry, but I think the reason for that was because He knew we would no longer be living the way He created us to live.  

Jesus, He entered into our world because God wanted to be with us.  Jesus' life was about many things, His death, burial and resurrection was about forgiveness, rescuing us from the evil one, but I believe all this was about God being with us.  It wasn't about just getting us into heaven.  It was part of His story, the story of Jesus, the Gospel, God's desire; to be with us now and forever. 

As I have walked around these mountains I sense His presence so strongly.  I am so aware of Him with me, with humanity.  When Jesus ascended into heaven, humanity was raised with Him; that is what it means that we are 'in Christ.'  

As I leave here, I may miss the mountains; but I will know His presence with me in this world.      












No comments:

Post a Comment