Monday, November 17, 2014

Conversation with GG

My wise, beautiful, charming and sometime silly daughter!!

GG:  "Mom, I know I cannot go with you to this masters intensive, but I believe I need to go with you when you teach in Budapest."
Mom:  "Why would you like to go with me, GG?"
GG:  "Mom, I can be your assistant, plus I can help you teach a little bit and be involved in the activities."
Mom:  "I would love that GG, but you know the school doesn't like for us to take you out and they might even fine us.  But I think it is a great idea."
GG:  "Well mom it could be an educational time, even more so than going to school."
Mom:  "Yes GG I think you are right."
GG:  "OK maybe not this time, but let's do it in the future.  Mom, pretty inspiring conversation!"

The little girl is wise beyond her years .......

You know having conversations with people is a great opportunity to hear their stories, their hearts, what is going on in their lives and how God would have you to participate with Him in their stories.  

Ask God to empower you to be so aware of His presence in the midst of the conversation, to give you His perspective, show you what He is doing in this person's life and listen to see if He wants you to participate with Him in some way.  

You might think is would be draining, but it is energising and we were created to give; in the midst of that you will be blessed beyond your expectations.  This is not why we do it, we do it because we are to enter into people's lives, just like God did with us in Jesus Christ.




No comments:

Post a Comment